Updated on 10/1/2023
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before you (the “User”) start to use any of the services offered by Planetree International, including its website: https://www.planetree.org.
Planetree International (“Planetree” or “us”) provides a broad range of services that are subject to these terms including: websites, apps and sites, platforms, integrated services and devices. These services not only provide content but also provide interactive tools.
By using, accessing, or viewing any of the services utilized by Planetree, including but not limited to its websites, apps and sites, platforms, integrated services and devices (hereinafter “Planetree services), including any content, functionality, and other services offered on or through https://www.planetree.org including, but not limited to planetree.org, Planetree Hub, Planetree Academy (the “Website[s]” or “Site[s]”), and other platforms hosted and/or provided, whether as a guest or registered user, the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”) apply to you and are a binding legal agreement and govern your use of Planetree’s Services.
These Terms of Service and End User License Agreement is applicable to all features and functionalities, applications, updates, notifications and user interfaces, and all content and software associated therewith.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not authorized to use, and you should not use any of Planetree’s services, including its website You are bound to these Terms of Service, now existing and as amended from time to time, if you access, view and/or utilize any of the Planetree services, websites, apps and sites, platforms, integrated services and devices. By utilizing Planetree’s services, including its website, you acknowledge that you accept and agree to abide by and be bound by the conditions and terms set forth in these Terms of Service.
Scope of agreement
Your continued accesss to or use of Planetree’s services, including its website, after posted changes to the Terms as set forth above and have otherwise complied with the applicable laws regarding changes in the notice, will indicate that you agree to be bound by such changes. If you do not agree with such changes, you should cease accessing or using Planetree’s services, including its website. When we make changes to our policy, we will make a good faith effort to provide notice of material changes to these policies before the updates come into effect. While we reserve the right to make changes as needed without advance notice we will make a good faith effort to provide advance notice of updates.
Users will be bound by the version of this agreement posted at https://www.planetree.org or other Sites. Users are expected to check the Terms of Service periodically to take notice of the changes to the Terms of Service to which they are bound. Your continued use of the Planetree’s services, including its website, following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
License and website access
Planetree International hereby grants you, the User, a license to use, access, and view the Website, forums, and Internet material. This license is personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable at the sole discretion of Planetree International with or without cause. You may not assign or sublicense this license to another party.
This license is worldwide and exclusive. It is subject to the terms of the License agreement extended by Planetree.
Planetree’s services, including its website, contains both public and restricted domains; Planetree International's authorization to view any portion of the Website provides Users no grounds for access to other portions of the Website. User access to Website content is at the complete discretion of Planetree International. Restricted areas of the Website require account creation and subsequent User login. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their User account information, including user name and password. Users are solely responsible to Planetree International for all activities that occur under their account and agree to immediately notify Planetree of any unauthorized use of your user name, password, or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to disable any user name or password, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time, for any or no reason, including, if in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any provision of these Terms of Service. We reserve the right to view, monitor, and record activity on this site without notice or permission from you.
We may disclose any records, electronic communications, information, materials, or other content of any kind for the following reasons:
- If we believe in good faith that the law or legal process requires it
- If such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate this Site; or
- To protect our rights or property or the rights or property of our Users and business partners.
Information may be stored, produced, or copied in reasonable quantities for appropriate periods of time for valid business purposes. Users who store, produce or copy information are individually and completely responsible for any misuse, misappropriation, or improper disclosure of that information.
YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY ILLEGAL PURPOSE. You may only use this Website for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use this site for:
- Violating any applicable federal, state, local, and international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries);
- Selling, distributing, or any form of commercial exploitation of content gathered from any of the websites;
- Decompiling and/or recompiling data;
- Selling, renting, leasing, lending, or transferring any services or content provided on this site;
- Disrupting this site by any form from its primary purpose;
- Introducing any virus, Trojan horse, worm, logic bomb, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Methodical attempts to access restricted content; or
- Accessing the Websites for anything other their primary purposes.
You may not use any information provided on or through any of Planetree’s service platforms, including its website, for any commercial purpose including by selling, buying, distributing, reposting or licensing any information or materials you may obtain through use of any platform.
You may not use any page-scraper, spider, robot or other automatic device or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor any contacts or content provided on or through any of Planetree’s service platforms. You may not copy, republish, mirror, transmit, perform, sell or distribute any part of Plaentree’s service platform for any commercial or other purpose or other than as expressly permitted herein. You may not alter, modify or create derivative works of the various platforms used and shall not access or attempt to access, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise discover the source code of any platform software. You will not use or any services in order to develop any competing product or platform or to conduct benchmarking tests.
Links to third-party websites
The Planetree International Website, and affiliate Websites, may contain links to websites and domains outside of the control of Planetree International (“Third Party Websites”); these links are provided for your convenience only. Planetree International is neither responsible for the content or resources of Third Party Websites, nor any harm arising therefrom. Users who access any of the Third Party Websites linked to this Website do so entirely at their own risk and are subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Third Party Websites.
Planetree International disclaims any duty to monitor or maintain the links. Planetree's inclusion of a link on its Website shall not, and must not be construed as an endorsement of that website or any affiliated product. Planetree makes no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, as to the reliability or completeness of any information contained on Third Party Websites.
The Planetree Hub (“Hub”) contains message boards, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features, which allow Users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit content or materials to other users (collectively “User Contributions”). All User Contributions must comply with these Terms of Service. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Planetree, retain full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed, or submitted to the Website or Hub, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Planetree, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Planetree. Any User Contribution posted to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and Planetree reserves the right to use, copy, distribute, and disclose such information to third parties.
Planetree has no legal obligation to monitor the content of the Hub. Planetree may monitor the Hub to facilitate business relationships; however this conduct shall not be construed to impose a legal obligation to control the content posted in the Hub. For the benefit of the User’s participation in the Hub is contingent on adherence to the following restrictions:
- POSTS MUST CONFORM TO THE ESTABLISHED STRUCTURE – The Hub allows for a virtually unlimited number of topics, Planetree has imposed a limited structure to ease navigation to desired topics. Users shall use their best efforts to follow the structure of the Hub. If no posts cover the specific question; Users are encouraged to start a new thread for that subject within the appropriate area. Moderators may move threads that are more appropriately covered elsewhere to a different section.
- POSTS MUST BE RELEVANT TO THE DISCUSSION – Users are prohibited from posting distracting, inappropriate, or off topic responses. Spam postings will not be tolerated and may result in immediate revocation of User’s access to the Hub. The Hub is not to be used for commercial purposes or to generate business leads.
- USERS MUST BE RESPECTFUL – Posts containing racist, profane, obscene, or inflammatory statements directed at individuals, communities, or the general public will not be tolerated. Planetree will remove such posts either in whole or in part. The Hub is for professional discourse; as such Users are expected to act as professionals. Introduction of statements regarding religion or politics, while not prohibited, should be worded respectfully and done with caution.
- THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM – By posting Users have forfeited any and all expectations of privacy and ownership of the content of their posts. This content may be re-used, reproduced, disseminated, published, retained, and transmitted at the discretion of Planetree. Authorship of content will generally be recognized in the reproduction, unless Planetree is in receipt of written request for content to remain anonymous from the User, or when it is Planetree’s interest to conceal the authorship. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any User be compensated for Planetree’s use of any posted content.
- COMMUNITY POSTS ARE NOT MEDICAL OR LEGAL ADVICE – While many topics may relate to, depend on, or appear to be medical and/or legal advice, no post shall be construed as medical and/or legal advice. All Users must consult their respective medical and legal representatives for their relevant professional opinions. Despite User’s potential professional capability to offer advice in a legal and/or medical capacity, Planetree expressly prohibits such action.
Moderators have complete discretion on the maintenance, review and content policing regarding the Hub. Posting guarantees Users no rights of publication or continued display, Planetree may alter or eliminate any or all aspects of the Hub at its sole discretion.
Planetree encourages a vibrant online Hub. Contributions by Users increase the value of the Hub and expand the available community knowledge. If Users feel their activity in the Hub is being limited due to the aforementioned restrictions, please contact email@example.com
Planetree expressly reserves the right to remove or modify any materials posted by Users at its sole discretion. Violations of the aforementioned policies may result in termination of User privileges, not necessarily limited to the Hub. Repeated or flagrant violations by a User will result in termination of that User’s Hub privileges. Any violation that constitutes illegal conduct will be reported to the appropriate legal authority, along with Planetree’s action to terminate User access.
Disclaimer & warranty
PLANETREE’S SERVICES, ITS WEBSITE, AND ALL PLATFORMS AND SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES, WEBSITE, ANY PLATFORM, SOFTWARE OR ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSES, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES' INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, ROBUSTNESS, SECURITY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM, THE SOFTWARE OR ITS CONTENT, OR OTHERWISE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM OR THAT THE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM WILL BE ACCESSIBLE AT ANY SPECIFIC TIME. ALL USE OF THE SERVICES, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS AS OUTLINED IN YOUR CONTRACT/ AGREEMENT WITH PLANETREE.
Planetree hereby expressly disclaims, and you accept such disclaimer, any liability for any loss or damage to you or any other User arising from your use of Planetree’s services, website or platform.
Planetree is not responsible for any content, associated express or implied representations or warranties, or any Third Party Website linked from the Planetree Website.